Mother's Day Gift Guide
Ok, dads, this post is for you! (And ladies, you can use some of these ideas for your own moms too of course.)
Mother's Day is almost here. A day to celebrate Mom and thank her for all she does. If you haven't already figured out what to get her, I've put together a few ideas for you. I did a quick Facebook poll of fellow moms to see what was on their wish list and then added a few other things I personally love that other moms might like too.
1. Hotel Room/Uninterrupted Sleep - This was the most common response from my poll, especially from moms with young kids. Being a parent of little ones is exhausting and often times mom is up i the middle of the night or up late/early trying to catch up on all the things that need to be done and thus not getting enough sleep. Some moms specifically requested a hotel room where they could sleep alone for a night, uninterrupted. If you want to go all out and pamper her (and you're local), you could splurge for a room at the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island or Ponte Vedra Inn & Club. Or at the very least, take the kids out of the house to play at a park/zoo/museum and let mom take a nap. Just make sure the house is clean and laundry is caught up so she doesn't end up using that time to catch up on those!
2. Pampering - What mom wouldn't want some sort of pampering? You could book her a massage, manicure/pedicure, or gift her some fun pampering goodies.
3. Jewelry - There's always a nice piece of jewelry from your favorite jeweler (or Tiffany's!), but there are a couple other options that might be the perfect gift. There are two handmade jewelry companies I've discovered and love... one is Amber Dream Jewelry and the other is Wonderment Jewelry. Amber Dreams Jewelry specializes in handmade gemstone and amber pieces. Wonderment Jewelry specializes in handcrafted silver jewelry designed with little fingers in mind (know as Mama Metal). Both have ready to go options or you can customize a piece especially for Mom. I love my custom amber necklace from Amber Dreams Jewelry (pictured above) and my custom beach inspired piece just arrived from Wonderment Jewelry and it's absolutely beautiful.
4. Coffee/Tea/Wine - Yes, what gets many moms through motherhood! Pair Mom's favorite coffee, tea, or wine with a fun coffee mug or wine glass. If you haven't tried Bold Bean Coffee in Jacksonville, you're missing out. They have really great coffee and they roast it right in Jacksonville. I often find fun mugs and glasses at TJ Maxx or Home Goods. I'm a bit of a mug collector myself so I love mugs (my recent favorite pictured above from Kennedy Space Center). If Mom enjoys reading, you could include a new book for her to read (or gift card for a book) and then schedule time to keep the kids occupied so she can relax and read it!
5. Handmade Art/Craft from the Kids - You really can't go wrong here as long as you put in the time (that means no last minute draw a 5 minute picture kind of thing!). Moms love handmade gifts from their littles. Color Me Happy Pottery in Brunswick is a great place to take your kid and have them paint a mug for mom (to go with the coffee or tea in #4!). There's also Doing Dishes Pottery Studio in Jacksonville and St Johns.
6. Photographs - Of course this list would not be complete (or on my blog!) without including photos! This also came up several times in my poll. And of all the things on this list, this is what will last the longest and mean the most. I know some dads are hesitant to do family photos (or pay for them), but I promise you, this will make Mom so happy! Even if it's just photos of Mom and the kids, because moms are often the ones behind the camera documenting the kids or the kids with Dad. Find a photographer who will make it easy on all of you and help you plan all the details and deliver a beautiful finished product that you can all cherish for many years to come. If a professional photo session isn't in the budget/priority list, make sure to take some snapshots of mom with the kids, and not just the cheesy ones but ones of them playing and having fun too. Then print them out and put them in an album or a frame, don't leave them on the computer (or your phone). You can also go through the photos already sitting on the computer and get them printed out and into an album to give to Mom. Artifact Uprising and Picaboo are two of my favorite album companies if you want to create your own album to gift for Mother's Day.
Now you have a few ideas you might not have thought of before! If you'd like to gift Mom with a photo session, give me a call 912.322.6714 and we can discuss details (and I'll get you a gift card to give her to open on Mother's Day!).
Keywords: Fernandina Beach, Jacksonville, Northeast Florida, Southeast Georgia, St Marys, gift guide, motherhood
No comments posted.
Kimberly Tank is an award winning professional photographer and artist in Saint Marys, Georgia, servicing Camden County in Southeast Georgia (including Kingsland & Woodbine) and Northeast Florida (including Yulee, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, & Jacksonville). Using natural light and custom on location sessions, Kimberly Tank specializes in the family and child photography; providing an exceptional customer experience and helping you turn your family memories into works of art.
Signup for the newsletter! Click HERE
Contact Me for more info and/or to book a session
Recent PostsTips for Fun First Day of School Photos | St Marys - Fernandina Beach Photographer Family Portrait Session | St Marys GA Family Photographer Why I love Lifestyle Photography and what is it anyway? | St Marys - Fernandina Beach Photographer Small Business Spotlight: The Zen Den | St Marys GA Commercial Photography The Beauty of Maternity Mini Sessions | Amelia Island Maternity Photographer In-Home & Outdoor Lifestyle Newborn Photography | Saint Marys Newborn Photographer Underwater Pool Session | St Marys GA Child Photographer Fun Mom Project | St Marys - Fernandina Beach Motherhood Photographer Best Summer Session Locations | St Marys & Amelia Island Family & Child Photographer Baby's First Year Milestones | Baby Photography - Saint Marys GA